Dover Fueling Solutions (DFS), comprised of the brands ClearView, Fairbanks, OPW Fuel Management Systems, ProGauge, Tokheim and Wayne Fueling Systems, would like to provide an update on the current status of our business activities relative to the impact of the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) pandemic.
First, we thank you for being a valued partner of DFS through this difficult period; we understand that these are trying times for both businesses and individuals. Our priority is to protect the health and safety of our employees, family members, suppliers, partners, customers, and the communities in which we operate, and we are taking all necessary measures to ensure that we fulfill that priority. We are monitoring the spread of the virus globally and are taking steps to protect the business and our team members during this difficult and uncertain time.
As the COVID-19 pandemic is having a significant impact on many businesses across the globe, we are writing to communicate the steps we are taking to help protect business operations and to continue providing our products and services to you. DFS is currently fully operational and at present, we are confident that we can handle the challenges of the current situation, while keeping the commitments we have to you, our customers.
In order to prevent the spread of the virus, ensure business continuity as best as possible and provide peace of mind to our customers and teams, we have made the decision to:
- Ask many of our global team members to work remotely during this period along with taking all possible precautions to protect the health and wellbeing of our employees who are coming onsite to work. We are making every effort to minimize contact opportunities between individuals and reinforce hygienic measures, in line with local and international health recommendations.
- Form regional crisis management teams to respond to any unforeseen issues and concerns from our employees, suppliers and the customers, given the global nature of our business. These teams have been operational for some time and are committed to regular communication and needs assessments with our regional and onsite teams.
- Invoke a non-essential, global travel ban for all employees, and ban all travel to those countries stated as being high-risk. We have also made it a requirement of employees to report all travel to high-risk countries to the company immediately. All business-critical travel will need prior approval from a member of our executive leadership team and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Increase our parts inventory, in the event that a shortage becomes likely.
- Maintain close contact with all existing suppliers to assess individual situations and implement contingency plans in the event that the virus causes issues.
- Create a dedicated support hotline for all internal team members, providing them with the opportunity to discuss any concerns they might have surrounding the pandemic.
We understand that some of you may have questions regarding DFS and COVID-19, and its impact on your business. We, therefore, encourage you to reach out to your local DFS sales leaders, DFS representative or usual contact within the DFS customer service team, who will be able to provide reassurance and clarity on the current situation, as well as any updates with regards to changes in policy or service provision.
President, Dover Fueling Solutions